Oracle Baseline Assessment are designed to provide you with a methodology to discover Oracle product usage, to review your Oracle license agreements and provide a compliance report from the resulting comparison.
Gartner Research estimates that as much as 30% can be saved on IT assets in the first year of knowing what is, and isn’t, being used across your Enterprise. This can lead to a year on year cost saving of between 5% and 10%.
The Oracle Baseline Assessment will help to identify where there is a license shortfall as well as a license under use. This in turn will help to identify key weaknesses in an end users’ license management strategy.
With add-on services, Rezolved can advise how to best utilise this information in an effort to reduce ongoing operating costs, identify compliance risks and better position your Oracle strategy and event how you potentially can facilitate downscaling of your license need, to reduce yearly cost.
The benefits of this assessment are:
- Gain control of license usage and license compliance
- Identify potential cost reduction and cost avoidance
- Optimise utilisation of available assets
- Improve IT governance
- Minimise risk of non-compliance fines
- Prevent unnecessary spend on new licences
- Manage vendor negotiations more effectively
- Ensure the correct types of license agreements, products metrics and terms and conditions are in place to suit business change.
Deliverables (Fixed Price/Bespoke Price)
- Fixed Price service for known Oracle Estate of 25, 50 or 100 servers running Oracle Database, Tuning and Diagnostics only
- Bespoke Price and service to cover undefined number of servers and Oracle Technology and Application products including Management Packs and Options
- Collection and collation of all Oracle license agreement documents, support renewals and transfer/migration documentation
- Manual or automatic collection/detection of product usage data within the clients’ estate
- License estate baseline and asset register build
- Generation of an Oracle compliance report.