Microsoft Baseline Assessment are designed to provide you with a methodology to discover Microsoft product usage, to review your Microsoft license agreements and provide a compliance report from the resulting comparison.
Gartner Research estimates that as much as 30% can be saved on IT assets in the first year of knowing what is, and isn’t, being used across your Enterprise. This can lead to a year on year cost saving of between 5% and 10%.
The Microsoft Baseline Assessment will help to identify where there is a license shortfall as well as a license under use. This in turn will help to identify key weaknesses in an end users’ license management strategy.
With add-on services, Rezolved can advise how to best utilise this information in an effort to reduce ongoing operating costs, identify compliance risks and better position your Microsoft strategy and event how you potentially can facilitate downscaling of your license need, to reduce yearly cost.
The benefits of this assessment are:
- Gain control of license usage and license compliance
- Identify potential cost reduction and cost avoidance
- Optimise utilisation of available assets
- Improve IT governance
- Minimise risk of non-compliance fines
- Prevent unnecessary spend on new licences
- Manage vendor negotiations more effectively
- Ensure the correct types of license agreements, products metrics and terms and conditions are in place to suit business change.
Deliverables (Fixed Price/Bespoke Price)
- Fixed Price service for known specific Microsoft Estate of 25, 50 or 100 servers running Microsoft technologies like Microsoft SQL,
- Bespoke Price and service to cover undefined number of servers and clients and Microsoft Technology
- Collection and collation of all Microsoft license agreement documents, support renewals and transfer/migration documentation
- Manual or automatic collection/detection of product usage data within the clients’ estate
- License estate baseline and asset register build
- Generation of a Microsoft compliance report.